cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How hide presenter's thumbnail for all participants during sharing

Beatmaster_Bill
Listener

Can someone from Zoom Support give an official answer to my question?  While I'm sharing a video, I do not want my live or profile image displayed in or next to my shared material.  I believe the participants could remove my image if my camera is off and they select "Hide non-video participants."  But, I don't want to ask everyone and hope that they each individually hide my image while I'm sharing.  I want an option to no display my image or profile while I'm sharing.  So, does this option already exist? If, yes, where?  If, no, is there an official indication of this option will ever be available and when?

Thanks, in advance, for your reply,
Bill

6 REPLIES 6

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @Beatmaster_Bill

You can hide your self view, but there is no option at this time that will allow you to choose for your participants to hide your view. Your participants can "hide non-video participants" and that information is documented in our support article. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-Adjusting-your-video-layout-during-a-virtual-mee...

If you would like to share your ideas on how to make the product better, please submit them at this page zoom.us/feed. 

Thank you and have a safe and happy holiday season. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I'd like to resurrect this question.

Now that you can embed your own video stream in both PowerPoint and Keynote it becomes confusing to see the presenter in two video streams at once. In particular as you might have a virtual or blurred background in the default "letter stamp" view while that is not (yet?) possible in PPT or Keynote.

To minimise confusion for participants, I'd like to be able to shut of my built-in Zoom video stream while presenting. Has that become possible since or might it be in the pipeline? Sort of an opposite to "pin to all participants".

Stupid me!

Just shut off your video in Zoom. The video stream embedded in PPT or Keynote is a different one.!

I want to use Cameo in PowerPoint and completely hide my thumbnail. I have replaced my name with "." and removed my profile photo (and am not using zoom video) but still participants see a black box with the silhouette of a person, or sometimes just a black box.  How do I remove this for all participants without telling them to hide non-video participants?

Hi terrydon,

I've given up on removing that black silhouette. I've settled with them not having to see two "competing live versions of me" is good enough. I have even left my profile picture in. As long as it's not two live streams, it'll do for me.

Rohnsman
Listener

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn off the camera (or avatar icon) from appearring in the upper right corner of the screen when a presenter is sharing their screen. We are a camera club and frequently show/discuss images. We want NOTHING on the shared screen but the shared image itself. It would be really nice if this could be turned off with a keyboard combination and even better still if it could be turned off as a default and left that way. Almost never do we need to see the presenter in the upper corner of the screen. How can I eliminate this?