cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you cast your audio to the TV?

Danno
Listener

When using chromecast to cast a webinar to a TV... How do you cast the audio with the video? In every instance I know of the audio only plays from the casting device and not through the TV speakers... 

11 REPLIES 11

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Danno, Zoom offers a microphone configuration and audio output configuration. However, it seems like there's a limitation to sending audio to the TV. There's a couple of workarounds for this that may help you. 

1. Cast screen to TV, and connect audio to any Bluetooth device you may have to laying around. You have the speaker icon on the Zoom app to enable or disable the functionality.
  2. If on a computer, you can use the Web Client (not Zoom application) and open the meeting via Chrome browser on a computer which you can cast the tab to your TV. 

For future possibilities with Chromecasting your Zoom meeting, you can submit any feedback you have to zoom.us/feed

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm using a Chromecast device with my phone which does the same thing as casting with the Chrome browser. Too much hassle to have to connect a cable to the audio.. Thanks! 

It's been over 2 years since this was asked. Surely this could be applied to an update

Don't have a Bluetooth audio device. The TV already has sound,  Zoom is the only app that doesn't allow sound with casting. There is no screen cast option.  Screen share does not get sound to the TV, just the picture, the chrome cast already does that. Doesn't matter if connecting with web client or with zoom. So frustrating. I wish the little cast icon was in the Zoom app. 

GearMaven
Listener

Another workaround is to connect your PC to your Smart TV via an HDMI cable and all video/audio works great with the TV.

Too much hassle to have to connect a cable to the audio.. Thanks! 

This is probably the best option,  however,  I only have a tablet and no cable long enough to enable use of mic, let alone be close enough where talking. If only Zoom put a cast button on the user options. 

Steve23
Listener

Have you tried mirroring first before opening the Zoom App?

I have, still no sound. Frustrating isn't it.  Oh well.

Cscotti
Listener

Same problem here, can cast screen but not audio from my pixel 7 to chromecast.  Need wireless solution to mirror screen & sound to same device!

User12341
Listener

I don't understand why its hard for Zoom to allow sound to be casted to a smart TV? Could Zoom give this community an insight as to why this is restricted?