cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop meetings from ending if I leave as the host

matthewdewstowe
Listener

I am the host of a meeting, if I leave the meeting the meeting ends.  I know I can move the host to someone else, but is there a setting which allows me to stop this from happening so if a host leaves on any meeting it doesn't end?  I don't want to have to change host averytime?

4 REPLIES 4

PiaHawaii
Listener

Aloha,

I have the same problem. I do not understand why, for a commercial account, the host cannot leave the meeting and let it continue. I do understand why this is not a good idea for a free account.

Mahalo

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @matthewdewstowe  and @PiaHawaii,,

See this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362573-Passing-host-controls-to-leave-the-meeting

All you need to do is select someone to be the Host after you leave. If you are the only person in the meeting, your only option is to close the meeting on exit. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

the OP specifically said " I know I can move the host to someone else, but is there a setting which allows me to stop this from happening so if a host leaves on any meeting it doesn't end?  I don't want to have to change host everytime?"

That makes your solution unsatisfactory. Is there any option to manage this on enterprise level?

I have configured "alternative hosts" on the meeting's settings. I assumed this would allow the meeting to continue after I left as host, but that does not seem to be the case or how "alternative hosts" is intended to work. I don't always get a prompt to switch hosts before leaving, and I pretty regularly forget that I am the host of a meeting that's been in existence for awhile and participants are allowed to join before me. This  seems like a common problem for folks. Hopefully an enhancement can be added to the backlog to somehow allow for seemless transition between host and additional hosts when the host leaves.