cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I save the closed captioning transcript as participant when host authorized this?

KatB
Listener

Hi! I've participated in several zoom calls recently where the closed captioning transcript feature (button) appears at bottom of screen. I can click on it and see the text in real time.  In the call I was on today I wanted to save the transcript, but I didn't see an option I could click on that allowed me to do so. The host wrote, "If you have transcripts on, it should automatically save when you leave the zoom call. You'd have to revisit the settings of your Zoom account to enable saving the transcripts automatically." I looked through my account settings (Zoom Pro account) and searched the Resources forum. I didn't find anything which explains how to select such an option. How can I, as a Zoom call participant, save the CC transcripts [not the chat transcripts] (I am assuming I can do so if I can see the CC transcript button at bottom of screen) and where would they be saved to - my computer? Thanks in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @KatB, while the Host has the ability to turn on Live Transcription, everyone should be able to view the full transcript and save it. 

1. Click on Live Transcript > View Full transcript

2. Save Transcript

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @KatB, while the Host has the ability to turn on Live Transcription, everyone should be able to view the full transcript and save it. 

1. Click on Live Transcript > View Full transcript

2. Save Transcript

Hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you RN, and Happy New Year! I'm very sorry for my long delay in responding; this kept falling to the wayside but now is urgent again. I have a PRO account currently. During the zoom calls I mentioned, I was able to see the transcript being typed on the transcript screen in real time; however, although I clicked on various things on the tools panel during the event and then also afterwards went to check my personal Zoom account settings to see if there was something I hadn't turned on, I was unable to download the transcript at the end of the call before it was ended by the owner. The owner said I would be able to download it depending on my account type, and again the transcript feature was visible on the screen during the event. What am I missing? My original question is "How can I, as a Zoom call participant, save the CC transcripts [not the chat transcripts] (I am assuming I can do so if I can see the CC transcript button at bottom of screen) and where would they be saved to - my computer?" I assume the PRO account allows me to save transcripts. Am I wrong? And if so, what else do I need to do to be able to do this on future calls where the owner has granted permission to do so? Thanks in advance for help again. 🙂

Also - further to my message below of a few minutes ago (01/20/22 5:30pm),  we were not allowed to download/save the zoom call video replay but it is up on their platform for us to view when we like.  So can we not download the transcript if we don't have also have the video itself? This is rather confusing. At the end of the day I want the transcript of the calls so that I don' t have to watch the whole replay just to find what I'm looking for (refresher as to the information. Thanks!