cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I move the default meeting control bar from bottom to the top?

limmyjuong
Listener

I notice that when I share my screen the control bar is movable but when I am joined to a meeting the control bar is static at the bottom. Sometimes when I am using Zoom on an external monitor my laptop screen is blocking the view of the control bar when it's at the bottom so it would be convenient for me to have it at the top.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @limmyjuong,

The main menu bar for Zoom is always on the bottom.  What you see when screen sharing is what I call "a floating green and red menu bar" that you can move around by grabbing the green part.  It's not attached to anything... so you can move it anywhere.

You might consider putting in a Feature Request to allow the user to "float" the regular Zoom menu bar similar to the floating Screen-Share menu bar:

Feature Request entry: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

One more thing!  While the menu bar is displayed in a normal view, you can press an Alt key (all by itself) and it will keep the menu bar visible... but also make the entire video visible by shrinking it slightly.  I facilitate a lot of Zoom sessions, and that's the way I often set it up after starting the session.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @limmyjuong,

The main menu bar for Zoom is always on the bottom.  What you see when screen sharing is what I call "a floating green and red menu bar" that you can move around by grabbing the green part.  It's not attached to anything... so you can move it anywhere.

You might consider putting in a Feature Request to allow the user to "float" the regular Zoom menu bar similar to the floating Screen-Share menu bar:

Feature Request entry: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

One more thing!  While the menu bar is displayed in a normal view, you can press an Alt key (all by itself) and it will keep the menu bar visible... but also make the entire video visible by shrinking it slightly.  I facilitate a lot of Zoom sessions, and that's the way I often set it up after starting the session.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

I don’t see any green bar.Today is the first timer

i saw the menu on the bottom which interferes with my notability notes. I can’t drag the whole thing to the top because doesn’t let me move it 

limmyjuong
Listener

Thank you for your response, Ray. I submitted the feedback via the link you provided.