cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I invite ppl to recurring meetings in a way that they can click to accept

stacy1
Listener

I just set up a recurring meeting (7 weeks, same day and time each week). But Zoom doesn't generate the same sort of email that people can click "accept" and the meetings go automatically onto their calendar. Instead, I have to copy and paste the meeting info into an email. When the participants receive the email, they have to create the meetings and add the links manually. Is there a way to automate this?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, Zoom does not work as a calendar service directly, so the best option is to schedule the meeting, export the meeting to Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar, then invite your participants through the calendar event. That will provide them the option to accept or decline the invite like you are wanting. 

View solution in original post

Thanks so much for replying so quickly and clearly! Do you know if I would also be able to schedule a recurring meeting directly from Outlook? 

Bort

Yes, you can schedule recurring events in Outlook directly. If you have the Outlook plugin or add-in, you can even schedule the Zoom part of the event directly in the calendar. If not, then just schedule the Zoom meeting first, then copy/paste the invite into the Outlook calendar event.

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Unfortunately, Zoom does not work as a calendar service directly, so the best option is to schedule the meeting, export the meeting to Google Calendar or Outlook Calendar, then invite your participants through the calendar event. That will provide them the option to accept or decline the invite like you are wanting. 

Thanks so much for replying so quickly and clearly! Do you know if I would also be able to schedule a recurring meeting directly from Outlook? 

Bort

Yes, you can schedule recurring events in Outlook directly. If you have the Outlook plugin or add-in, you can even schedule the Zoom part of the event directly in the calendar. If not, then just schedule the Zoom meeting first, then copy/paste the invite into the Outlook calendar event.