cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide participants in waiting room from each other?

AHS-SBN
Listener

To be HIPAA compliant, I need to ensure that if more than one patient is in a waiting room they do not see each other's names. I cannot find a setting to do this. Are participants able to see each other in the waiting room or is it only the host who can see who is there?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @AHS-SBN 

Participants in waiting room cannot see each other. Here is the experience:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000332726-Using-Waiting-Room

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

sachinzoom

Hi @AHS-SBN 

Participants in waiting room cannot see each other. Here is the experience:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115000332726-Using-Waiting-Room

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Psychodiver
Listener

Hello @AHS-SBN, I just posted about a similar problem - when next client enters waiting room they can see screen name of client I am currently with in zoom session. Have you encountered this? If so can you share solution? 

I have this exact same problem which is not GDPR compliant.  Looking forward to the answer!

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @helpmeplease4.

Attendees in Waiting Rooms do not see the names of any attendees.  Once they get past the Waiting Room, they can see the Participant list, with all attendee names, and potentially see people's names on their video box.

If your attendees regularly say they were seeing the names of attendees, it would be helpful to see a screen shot (the names can be redacted -- we just need to see the specific window being shown).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi Ray, this is not the case, I am not talking about attendees.

When my next client enters the waiting room they can see the screen name of the client I am currently with in the zoom session. This is not GDPR compliant. 

Please can you direct me to where I can change this in the settings.

Ray_Harwood

Sorry, but I'm using Zoom's terms for people who attend your meetings.  Your clients are attending your meetings, and they are your attendees.  Assuming that you are scheduling a single meeting and having multiple clients "cycle through" the Waiting Room, the only thing showing in the Waiting Room is the name of the room, which in this case I've scheduled a meeting called "Client Meeting Room":

Ray_Harwood_0-1713920129804.png

If you have scheduled the meeting room as "Mr. John Smith", then that will show to anyone who ends up in the Waiting Room.  Name your meeting something different.  You can change the name of a meeting after it starts by clicking the green shield and editing the Meeting name:

Ray_Harwood_1-1713920359893.png

To summarize, Zoom only shows the name of the room... a name which you (or whoever scheduled the meeting) provides.  Zoom does not show names of anyone attending the meeting on the Waiting Room screen... unless you have named the room using someone's name.  Zoom won't change it; you must.

The best practice, where confidentiality is important, is to schedule a separate meeting with each client using the "generated meeting ID" and not reusing your Personal Meeting ID (PMI).

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

helpmeplease4
Observer

Thank you that makes sense, and I can change the meeting room into something different.