cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I hide meeting controls in android app?

Debdeep
Listener

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Debdeep You will want to open the mobile application, navigate to "Settings" on the bottom navigation panel and then click on "Meeting." From here you can turn off the option to always show meeting controls. 

Screenshot_20220301-125710.png

View solution in original post

J-Zoom-ATL

@Debdeep You should just need to tap the screen on the video to have it disappear again. They will not stay hidden indefinitely if the screen is being used. 

J-Zoom-ATL

There is not a way that I am aware of, however, this would be a great feature request to submit with our dev team at https://zoom.us/feed.  

11 REPLIES 11

J-Zoom-ATL

@Debdeep You will want to open the mobile application, navigate to "Settings" on the bottom navigation panel and then click on "Meeting." From here you can turn off the option to always show meeting controls. 

Screenshot_20220301-125710.png

Debdeep
Listener

I did this...but after joining a meeting it appears again and again in few seconds gap.

Debdeep
Listener

I couldn't hide it for the whole time when I participated in meeting.

J-Zoom-ATL

@Debdeep You should just need to tap the screen on the video to have it disappear again. They will not stay hidden indefinitely if the screen is being used. 

yeah you are right, but it really uncomfortable as the control keeps popping up again and again.. i think it should shows the video as default, then when user needed the control just tap the screen (the reverse of current behavior)

Debdeep
Listener

Can I not hide it indefinitely??

J-Zoom-ATL

There is not a way that I am aware of, however, this would be a great feature request to submit with our dev team at https://zoom.us/feed.  

Thank you for your answer.☺️

J-Zoom-ATL

No problem @Debdeep! If this thread helped explain the behavior of the product, please hit the "Accept as solution" on the main reply above. 

Debdeep
Listener

As long as I participate.

NeverForever
Listener

BUMP.

Did you ever fix this issue? I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. No matter when I'm touching the phone or not, the UI is not being hidden. I've tried the exact same things but I'm left having to try and use a computer to watch my zoom meetings, which is incredibly annoying. Especially if i'm recording it, I can't do that on my phone.