cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get rid of the display name on my Zoom recordings?

Nikki_Blake
Listener

I haven't had this issue before as there was a check box that I was able to check so it wouldn't display the names in my recordings. However, after Zoom updated a couple weeks ago, now I can't find that check box and it is showing the names on the recordings. The names are always a different size in the recordings too.

Is there a way to stop the names from displaying in the recordings? (I save the recordings to my local drive, not to the cloud.) 

19 REPLIES 19

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer

Under settings\recording you unmark "Display participants' names in the recording"

If this was helpful pls mark "accept as solution"

That isn't an option in the app on my computer anymore. It went away when the last update happened. It seems to only be available for cloud saved recordings, but I save everything locally. 

DeniseLahat

It was never an option on the client.  you need to go to the web browser.

It used to be an option on the app on my pc. I used it for almost a year. But after the update a few weeks ago, it is no longer an option.

That's the right place for it, but it no longer seems to affect a change in the recording. I have unchecked it, and it still records with names in the corner of each video. I've tried checking it, saving, and then unchecking again, and that doesn't work either.

Basically, the tick box isn't doing anything now.

smallroomOSLA
Listener

This doesn't solve the issue. I've just tried it and names are still being displayed on Local recordings. So to me this says there's a glitch happening with the recent update.

I'll have to contact Zoom. Thanks for looking into it  and confirming it's not just me. 

multicastaudio
Listener

We have just discovered the same issue with the current release 5.9.3. On both Windows and Mac Clients.

I can get the names to drop on the cloud recordings but not on the local recordings which is super unhelpful as it ruins the full frame output which we need. 

We have reverted to 5.9.1 for now which does not do this.

Maybe the version due to release on the 28th Feb resolve this back or at least give us the option in the app??

Thank you for posting that you are having the same issue. I hope they do fix it in the next release! It is very aggravating to have it show up in the videos. 

multicastaudio
Listener

Sadly the new release yesterday (Feb 28th) didn't resolve this issue. 

That's sad 😞

Corbin1
Listener

Has anyone has any luck on Zoom resolving this issue?

Not yet! It looks like Zoom removed the functionality to not display the names. 

JeannieD
Listener

I am having the same issue. I've been recording meetings for 2 years now without the names. I do NOT have the box checked to "Display Names", but my recordings always have the names displayed. Now I have to edit the photo  by using a digital marker to block out the names - very time consuming. 

Sounds very time consuming! I'm just leaving them in there. As much as it pains me to do that, I already do a lot of editing and I just don't think I'd have the time to edit the names too. 

bdizzlefizzle
Listener

Still happening as late as a recording I did yesterday (May 6th). 

That check box no longer seems to affect a change in the local recording. I have unchecked it, and it still records with names in the corner of each video. I've tried checking it, saving, and then unchecking again, and that doesn't work either.

Basically, the tick box isn't doing anything now. I've lost things when trying to do Cloud recording (it failed), so I always record locally now. Not worth the risk of losing everything for this issue, but they also should really fix this as it's been months.  Lots of podcasters use Zoom for their interviews, and this makes things look less awesome now.

Thank you for your response. It doesn't look like Zoom is going to fix this. For whatever reason, they removed the option and my efforts to try to contact them to add it back have been unsuccessful. I may have to look into other options. 

Nikki_Blake
Listener

I don't think Zoom is going to fix this. Has anyone tried any other recording programs that might work better?

FatimaG001
Listener

It is still recording with the name on it.