cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable screen sharing for my guest in a zoom call

frenetixx
Listener

Hello

Please help me. How do I enable screen sharing for my guest? I create a zoom meeting and my guest says he cannot share his screen because the host has turned off screen sharing, how do i turn it back  on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @frenetixx 

When you are the host of a meeting if you go to the little arrow button on the sharing key you can choose who can share in your meeting by choosing advanced sharing options. I will provide some screenshots to assist you from an active meeting of mine to help you. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.36.33 PM.png

click on the acorn (arrow) next to the green sharing button.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.36.39 PM.png

 then choose who can share in your meeting. 

Lets say that you just want that one person to share in your meeting and no one else. Then go to the participants button and then select "more" next to that participants name -> then make that person a co-host of the meeting. This will allow that participant to be the only other participant to share. 

For more information on sharing please see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB

Hello @frenetixx 

When you are the host of a meeting if you go to the little arrow button on the sharing key you can choose who can share in your meeting by choosing advanced sharing options. I will provide some screenshots to assist you from an active meeting of mine to help you. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.36.33 PM.png

click on the acorn (arrow) next to the green sharing button.

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 4.36.39 PM.png

 then choose who can share in your meeting. 

Lets say that you just want that one person to share in your meeting and no one else. Then go to the participants button and then select "more" next to that participants name -> then make that person a co-host of the meeting. This will allow that participant to be the only other participant to share. 

For more information on sharing please see https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362153-Sharing-your-screen-or-desktop-on-Zoom

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

thanks so much i really appreciate your help, that solved it for me love u

YaBoiB

Thank you for your response. Could you please click on the accepted solution button in the bottom right corner?

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion