cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I display specific words instead of my name?

bhs67
Listener
When I select Stop Video,  my face is replaced with my name.  How do I display specific words instead of my name?
4 REPLIES 4

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @bhs67,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! If you go into your profile page on a web browser, https://zoom.us/profile then click on the edit button. You can change the display name to whatever you choose. Then when you turn off your video in a Zoom meeting those words will show up as your display name. 

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 11.23.05 AM.png

I hope that helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

For Toastmaster meetings, I want to temporarily post a Word for the Day"

--------------------------------------------------

Nuance

Noun

Subtle difference in meaning (The nuance of her smile was revealing) "

--------------------------------------------------

The font size helps members understand.  Later,  I want to return to posting my name.  I'd like to easily select the phrase, or my name, quickly.

YaBoiB

Hello @bhs67

Ok, if you go to the participants button while in a Zoom meeting > click on participants > go to your name > click more button > rename > you can change your display name quickly there and with your video disabled (off) it will dynamically change your display name on the screen to whatever context you would like. I hope that this is helpful. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Ok.  I made changes to the website Profile.  And I made different changes in Participants.  When I Stop Video, the Participant changes are displayed, not the website changes.