cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable live transcription and live transcription requests for a particular meeting?

marvin0042
Listener

Hi,

We are trying to disable live captioning for a particular meeting. We would like to disable the feature and disallow any participant from requesting live captioning.

How do we go about doing this? The host is able to turn off the captioning and disallow requests once the meeting starts. But this affects the ongoing meeting only and participants are again able to request captioning in the next meeting.

We would like to permanently disable and disallow live captioning requests for all subsequent meetings. Is there a way to accomplish this?

3 REPLIES 3

kjhartma
Community Champion | Customer

I think your meeting host would have to go into their individual user settings and turn the Automated Captions off, maybe Manual as well.  I think that would disable it for any meeting they host, be it the ones you're referring to here or others.

kjhartma_1-1666622044507.png

I'm curious as to why you want this disabled?

marvin0042
Listener

@kjhartmathanks for the response. We would like to disable them as captioning also seems to save the transcript automatically(Feel free to correct me if I am wrong). We don't typically save recordings/transcripts.

kjhartma

The host can go into their user settings and disable the option to save transcripts and captions.  Uncheck the ones for captions/transcripts:

Local:

kjhartma_0-1666715293029.png

Cloud:

kjhartma_1-1666715320329.png