cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable full screen mode when I start sharing my screen?

Gerdy
Listener

Whenever I screen share (or anyone else), zoom gets into full screen mode. How do I turn it off? I hate it:D 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Gerdy thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! This is an easy fix, it's a client setting you just need to uncheck basically. This support article walks through changing settings for your different computer operating system type: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623

To disable automatic full screen when viewing a shared screen, adjust the Window size when screen sharing behavior in your desktop client settings.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

jeremyjustin

Hi @Gerdy thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! This is an easy fix, it's a client setting you just need to uncheck basically. This support article walks through changing settings for your different computer operating system type: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623

To disable automatic full screen when viewing a shared screen, adjust the Window size when screen sharing behavior in your desktop client settings.

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!

Hello I made sure to apply this setting to my preference, however when I made the change the behavior hasn't changed, when someone shares their screen the automatic full screen still occurs. I have tested it numerous time, but the screen goes to full screen no matter if I set Window size when screen sharing: to  "Fullscreen mode" or "Maximize Window", or "Maintain current size". <-- under the Share Screen tab.

After making those changes I made sure that those settings were retained after a restart of zoom client and my computer.

It seems like a setting change is missing from the General tab, because there is no way to disable “Enter full screen automatically when viewing screen shared by others.”

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello. I use zoom frequently for work, and am on a mac, and when someone shares their screen it automatically sets my zoom to fullscreen. I would like a change like the comment above, where I can disable that option. I often am taking notes, so if I could keep the window size as it was, I would have no interruption in my work.

Thank you!

that's easy on mac, just click escape... 

jeremyjustin

Hi @Gerdy yes that should work. @HJWalker to set the default behavior, go into Settings in your Zoom client, then under the "Share Screen" section. Choose the "Window size when screen sharing" option you would like. To keep things from changing, just select "Maintain current size."

@browno hopefully this setting is working for you now also? If not could you 
1. update your Zoom client please
2. if that still isn't working perhaps you can open a support ticket so we can dig into this further?

@jeremyjustin what version of the Zoom client supports this?  I have the option, but it's not ticked and doesn't work.  Want to make sure Corporate allows install of the correct client.

jeremyjustin

Hi @adamgoldberg I am not sure but the option has been in settings for quite a while. This link talks to that client setting as well as others https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362623

If you are able to see the option but not click it to change it, there is most likely some sort of Group Policy that has been set by your admin when they deployed the Zoom client. Some organizations prefer to push out settings for everyone, and if this setting was pushed into group policy it basically forces the setting.