cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add an upcoming meeting (scheduled by somebody else) to Zoom?

RosM2004
Listener

When I receive a Zoom link with Meeting ID and Password, is there a way to add it to the Zoom app ahead of time? I don't see any way to do this. I only know how to join the meeting or schedule my own meeting but can't see a way of adding a meeting that someone created to my upcoming schedule.

I'd like to be able to join the meeting directly from the Zoom app without having to look for the link or meeting ID and password. If I join in advance, it doesn't get added to upcoming meetings when I leave.

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@RosM2004 – this is a commonly requested feature, but unfortunately not available.

There is an option for you: if you use one of the calendar add-ons – like the Zoom-Outlook integration – once your meeting (scheduled by someone else) is added to your calendar, Zoom can remind you of the meeting. 

See this Zoom Support article for details. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

@Ray_Harwood Thanks for your response!

p2chars
Listener

I too would love this feature. Seems like there's no way to do it? You have to go through outlook or a calendar app?

JoeEStanton92
Listener

I Haven't Found a way yet, Crazy right like the app was made only with the host in mind Not the participants like if we use it for being a participant Save us students time by making it possible to 1 click join to a notification lol. good thing I'm going to school to be a software engineer ill fix it for ya guys in the future.

If you are looking for a 1 click to join notification the host could send reminders since the credentials are not saved to the participant's account. The host could either copy and paste the link to send or use a marketplace app, Salepager, that can send reminders with the link to let you join with 1 click.