cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I share more than one screen in a Zoom meeting?

MattHartzell
Listener

I want to be able to share screen more than one application at a time when I'm in a Zoom meeting.

But my Zoom only lets me share screen with one application at a time. If I want to switch between applications I'm screen sharing, I have to first close out of the first screen share, then start a new screen share. This is really annoying and time consuming and distracting when I'm trying to lead a meeting.

Please advise!

Thank you

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

There is no way to share multiple apps through multiple different shares. It would be best to just share your entire desktop and swap apps in and out of view as needed. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

My solution is I do desktop switching with Mac OS Expose. I do a gesture on my trackpad that lets me rapidly switch desktops, where I show a presentation, and web browser, and the app(s) I'm training with. It's very smooth and professional looking. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bort

There is no way to share multiple apps through multiple different shares. It would be best to just share your entire desktop and swap apps in and out of view as needed. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Considering this answer is a couple of years old, I can only hope that Zoom has been working towards a solution for this, because switching back and forth is slow and well, frankly short sighted on Zoom's part. I use three monitors for my desktop and when I want to present something from each of them, switching makes for a painfully slow experience for my attendees. many of whom are bright enough to get what I am presenting but suffer from fatigue caused inattention because of this very obvious flaw in Zoom.

The fix I would like to see is the ability for the screen share to automatically switch to whatever monitor is currently displaying the presenters cursor.

My solution is I do desktop switching with Mac OS Expose. I do a gesture on my trackpad that lets me rapidly switch desktops, where I show a presentation, and web browser, and the app(s) I'm training with. It's very smooth and professional looking. 

georgethetech
Listener

You need to do a workaround with something like Manycam or OBS, I'm afraid... 
For now I do a 2nd display and share entire desktop, run my various apps full screen mode, then swap between them as the Bort suggested. I can do all of this with just two Displays, with the primary showing all of the Zoom app windows and auxiliary control panels I use for video and audio control. I also make sure the 2nd display is running at 720p so that the content on the screen isn't too small to be legible for viewers on smaller screens.