cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I delete or replace links in "Join meeting" list?

Tunathedog
Listener

Hi

I have a daily Zoom meeting with my team. The first time I used the new link for the meeting, I put in the passcode separately, instead of using the direct link. Unfortunately, Zoom has associated that first link with the meeting name. That means that when I click "Join" and try to open that meeting from the recent meetings list, it always demands a passcode - which means searching through my past emails. 

Is there any way to edit the recent meetings list so I can either delete the problematic meeting (so Zoom can list it again, this time with the right link), or change the link it is associated with?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

When you click on the JOIN button, on Zoom Client, at the end of the recent meetings list there is a command that allow you to delete you meetings history 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ISAPoliTO
Listener

If you join a meeting with the Zoom Client you have to insert ID and passcode, always! There is no way to avoid it.

The recent meetings list is usefull becasue you have to put only the passcode, the ID remains saved in the Zoom Client. If you delete the list the next time you need to join the meeting you will have to put ID and passocode... What's the advantege of deleting the list?e

If you have the link to join the meeting: you can copy it in your browser (and save it in your list of favourites) and then chose to open the link with your Zoom app. So you will not need to insert neither the ID number nor the passcode.

Thanks. But that's not my experience. There are plenty of meetings in the recent meetings list in the client that open without a passcode (because I originally opened them with an invitation link, via Zoom.us).  If I could delete that recent list (I guess it's in some kind of cache), I could open this daily meeting invitation that way, and it would then be forever stored in the recent meetings list without needing a passcode.

But I like the idea idea of a browser favourite as a workaround. Thanks for that.

When you click on the JOIN button, on Zoom Client, at the end of the recent meetings list there is a command that allow you to delete you meetings history 🙂

Thanks! Done. I guess I'll find out tomorrow morning if it worked how I hope.