cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host must register for meeting, but then is not allowed to register because they are host.

jreevelaabs
Listener

We recently had an issue with a host joining a Zoom meeting. Our administrator scheduled a meeting and assigned a host. This meeting required registration. When the host attempted to join the meeting the registration form opened up.  After completing the registration form, the individual was informed that they could not join because they were the host. They attempted to sign out of Zoom and rejoin but had no success. Fortunately, another individual with host privileges was able to join and sent an invite link directly from within the meeting, which allowed the host to access the meeting. Any thoughts on why this occurred and what can be done to prevent this? I appreciate your help!

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @jreevelaabs , Welcome to the Zoom Community! I see that your discussion has not yet received a reply from the community so I wanted to check in 🙂 I see that you were able to reach out to our support team. For account-specific questions such as this one, reaching out to our team of experts is the way to go. Thank you for your contribution and we can't wait to see how else you contribute to our growing Zoom Community!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

scatter
Listener

USELESS......
If this useless info for Zoom keeps up - they have competition!