cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Host has muted/unmuted you' automatic error

AdamThornton
Listener

I'm in a group meeting (usually, but not always, a break out room) using Zoom via Chrome browser (Macbook Pro) when I notice the pop-up text come on my screen 'Host has muted you' or 'Host has unmuted you', and the red muted mic icon appears respectively. I've no idea why this is happening. The host is not doing this.

It happens seemingly randomly, when I am in the middle of speaking or not, with different/unrelated groups of people. It started occasionally a few weeks ago but now it's happening during every Zoom call. So, if I'm speaking, I've got to have the mouse hovering over the (un)mute button to react to being automatically muted.

Can anyone shed any light or offer a solution?

Thanks very much.

1 REPLY 1

SimonWaters
Listener

Experienced exactly this repeatedly on Brave 

Version 1.40.113 Chromium: 103.0.5060.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Debian GNU/Linux 11.4 on AMD CPU. I think it may have reflected a connectivity issue, I had unmuted and remuted, so the host shouldn't be able to unmute me at all, the host said he wasn't doing anything, and Zoom was apparently randomly unmuting and muting. Reloaded page and it recurred, tried to catch anything interesting in logging and console, but it wasn't immediately obvious if there was a specific event or request. This was in a breakout room.