cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host can't see all chat box entries

WendyFarrell
Listener

As a trainer, I use the chat box for engagement and questions, etc. Lately, when I use the breakout session function, when the attendees come back to the main room and I ask them to contribute in the main room chat box, I am only able to see some of the comments and not everyone's. What was working fine before the breakout session is now not. The rest of the class can see the entries however, just not me. I have had to have people unmute and read me the chat box so I know what people are asking and saying. This is a new problem I am experiencing in just the last few weeks. Anyone else having this problem?

5 REPLIES 5

purplekat99
Listener

The same thing has been happening to me for a few weeks now. The only constant is that it happens after we do a break-out room. Sometimes if effects the Host, sometimes the co-host, sometimes the participants. I am surprised not more people are having this issue, but please resolve NOW as it does make us hosts/co-hosts look very unprofessional.

WendyFarrell
Listener

Glad to hear it is not just me as I often assume "user error" and blame myself. I have a plan that does not get to chat with a live person at zoom regarding this glitch in their matrix so I submitted a "support ticket". Hope zoom is aware of this problem and looking at solutions to help.

Anke64
Listener

Has this been resolved? I had this a few weeks ago, but haven't experienced it since. Am just in the midst of an online training - lets see what happens.

WendyFarrell
Listener

I removed the app from my desktop and downloaded it again. I have not had the problem since.

CharlesElias
Listener

@WendyFarrell wrote:

As a trainer, I use the chat box for engagement and questions, etc. Lately, when I use the breakout session function, when the attendees come back to the main room and I ask them to contribute in the main room chat box, I am only able to see some of the comments and not everyone's. What was working fine before the breakout session is now not. The rest of the class can see the entries however, just not me. I have had to have people unmute and read me the chat box of Pintdd so I know what people are asking and saying. This is a new problem I am experiencing in just the last few weeks. Anyone else having this problem?

The issue you're experiencing with the chat box after using breakout sessions is related to a bug or technical glitch in the platform you are using. You may want to try reaching out to the support team of the platform you are using to see if they are aware of any similar issues and can provide a solution. In the meantime, you can ask attendees to direct their questions or comments to you directly via voice chat or to write them down on a separate document or notepad to ensure you don't miss any important information.