cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host camera view changes when others enter the meeting

KHD
Listener

Hi,

I am using a virtual background with a green screen. With one of my licensed accounts I have a problem with the camera view changing when the participants enter. I have it set up in advance so that the students can just see me with the virtual background. But then when other participants enter,  the camera view switches to a wider version so that everyone can see the area on the right and left of my green screen. This happens even when I click on original ratio. The participants 16:9 seems to override my 4:3. How can I get the camera view to stay in the original ratio, regardless of what the participants have?

Oddly enough, I have another account and when I use that account, I don`t have this problem. The camera view stays the same. However, I can`t find any settings that are different! I would be very happy if someone could help me because the view changing is not very professional. I have actually had to stop using the virtual background with this account because of this issue.

3 REPLIES 3

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @KHD, do you have HD on? If so, you can see when attempting to toggle the 'original ratio' you'll see no difference until you toggle off HD. Any attendee in the meeting. an change the original ratio if HD is off and these changes will populate to the meeting. 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @KHD, just checking in on my reply to see if this cleared some things up for you on the HD/Original Ratio configuration in your Zoom meeting client. Looking forward to your response! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

No, this doesn't do anything, as I am having similar issues. I've found many frustrated customers/users vocalizing their frustrations regarding this issue. Some were posted years ago...why has zoom done nothing about it? I can set my video to original ratio and the second I start speaking, aka being front and center for all the other viewers, my camera jumps to this giant widescreen and exposes everything I'm trying to not show. What is up with this?! Is it a glitch? Fix it please! It's not right.. you go into the meeting thinking you're in the clear and then all of a sudden all of your stuff is showing. Really not cool..