cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Sending Private Messages to Specific Participants

RickHart
Listener

Is there a way for the Host of a meeting to send Private Messages to individual participants who are in a break out room? I know that Participants in a Meeting in a Break Out Room can send the Host private messages, but can the Host send Private messages to a specific participant in a Break Out Room?

For example: If the Host is in the Main Room and wants to send a message to a specific participant in Break Out Room A but not to the other people in Break Out Room A. 

I have tried experimenting with Zoom and Break Out Rooms and no matter what I do, I cannot select a specific participant to send the message to. I only get the option to send the message to Everyone, the drop down menu does not give me any other options. I would like to be able to directly chat with specific participants without closing the Break Out Rooms.

Does anyone know how I might do this?

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, this is not currently possible. As you said, you can broadcast a message to all participants in breakouts, but there is currently no way to send a private message to someone in a breakout room. Private messages can only be sent to participants in the same room, either a breakout room or the main session. 

I encourage you to visit our Zoom Feedback form, which is the official way to share any feedback or feature requests with the Zoom team.

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.