cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hissing Sound When Sharing Audio

WJF
Listener

Hi -

I'm running the latest version of Zoom on Win10. I use the virtual camera in OBS to feed Zoom my video and have my Rode mic selected in Zoom as the input device.

When I share audio - either using regular screen share or the advanced share audio only, the audio plays as it should but as the audio clip progresses, a background hiss develops and gains in volume the longer the audio clip plays. Over the course of a three-minute audio selection, for example, the hiss becomes so loud that it almost drowns out the audio. I can hear this hiss as the meeting host and other meeting participants can hear it as well. I've tried sharing audio with original sound for musicians toggled on and off, I've muted my mic while playing the clip ... really everything I can think of and nothing seems to make a difference.

Has anyone else encountered this and solved the problem? Any suggestions or thoughts as to what I might try to tame the hiss?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

HI @WJF , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom Community!

As a first troubleshooting step, can you please try uninstalling Zoom /rebooting your device/ reinstalling Zoom?  Once you have done this, please test your audio again and let me know if you continue to experience these issues. 

Thank you!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?