cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding the (annoying) screen sharing control bar with Linux client

venik212
Listener

Under Windows it is easy to hide the (annoying) control bar that appears with screen sharing.  In the Linux version (V. 5.7.6, running under MX Linux ) the drop-down menu for that bar does not include the option to hide the (annoying) control bar. I found that I can put it at the bottom, which helps, but it still covers part of my slides.  The keyboard shortcut does meant for hiding the (annoying) control bar does not work.

Any idea how I could get rid of the (annoying) control bar?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Zoom_Hobbyist
Listener
  1. Please open the Zoom app (5.17.5) as I have done on Ubuntu Linux 23.10
  2. Please click your photo at top right to reveal pop-up menu
  3. Please click SETTINGS
  4. Please UNCHECK the ALWAYS SHOW MEETING CONTROLS checkbox

Now your floating toolbar should disappear during content sharing.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @venik212! I know it has been a while since you initially posted, but I want to make sure you receive assistance. Are you still having this issue? If so, can you please double-check that you are on the latest version of Zoom?

Thank you!'

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

almondtree
Listener

I want to confirm that this is still a problem with Zoom for Linux.  I am running the most up to date version of Zoom.  The only clunky work around I have found is that this toolbar is moveable, so I can push it mostly off-screen to where only a little piece of it is showing on the side of the screen but it minimizes how much of the screen it is covering when I am sharing.    It would be very nice for Zoom to add this feature for Linux users as well!  I teach online all the time and this would be very helpful.

Zoom_Hobbyist
Listener
  1. Please open the Zoom app (5.17.5) as I have done on Ubuntu Linux 23.10
  2. Please click your photo at top right to reveal pop-up menu
  3. Please click SETTINGS
  4. Please UNCHECK the ALWAYS SHOW MEETING CONTROLS checkbox

Now your floating toolbar should disappear during content sharing.

almondtree
Listener

Thank you!!!