cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide microphone muted notification

RichardJolly
Listener

How do I stop microphone muted notification messages appearing in the Zoom Meeting window when my microphone as host is muted and my mic picks up a noise?

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @RichardJolly 

I don't believe there is a way to do this, other than lowering your microphone volume also. Depending on your microphone, you could also use an additional mute switch, or an external shortcut key. But that takes some discipline! 

Shouldn't this be a user's decision not to see a giant pop up every time a loud background sound occurs?

ZoomPlease add a kill switch on this feature. 

First design flaw/shortcoming I've encountered on this otherwise extraordinary communication tool. 

Dan-T
Listener

Funny, I came onto this thread because I am looking for a way to turn it back on. It used to be when I spoke and I was muted the pop-up would appear. On my last two meetings, I was feeding from an audio interface instead of the internal microphone, I had tested it and clicked to join with computer audio, but it muted me without my being aware of it and it took several minutes of dead air before I noticed the headphone icon in the lower left corner.