cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Host Cursor During Webinar (or Zoom Meeting)

garnac
Listener

I always find that seeing a cursor fly all around the screen is distracting and annoying.  Even when I try to remind myself not to move the mouse around while I'm speaking, old habits die hard.  Is there a setting that will allow me to prevent my mouse from being recorded as part of a Zoom Meeting or Webinar?  I mostly use PowerPoint for my presentations and would prefer the recording does not show the cursor. Thank you!!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @garnac 

There is no way to hide the cursor on the Zoom side, since Zoom just captures everyone on the screen. 

Unless you need the cursor for something specific, I'd suggest using the keyboard arrow keys to change slides, that way you can keep the cursor off to the side of the screen. 

View solution in original post

Yes, while this is true, I did observe the following is possible while sharing a PowerPoint presentation...

Navigate to the PowerPoint while is is in Display Presentation mode.  Right click (twice if cursor already hidden) and then hover over "Pointer Options," then hover over "Arrow Options" and select "Hidden."  To have the cursor show again, select "Visible."

Fantastic, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Hi @garnac 

There is no way to hide the cursor on the Zoom side, since Zoom just captures everyone on the screen. 

Unless you need the cursor for something specific, I'd suggest using the keyboard arrow keys to change slides, that way you can keep the cursor off to the side of the screen. 

Understood!  Appreciate the quick feedback. 

Zoom might capture everyone on the screen, but it does not capture everything on the screen. For example, as far as I have researched, Zoom does not show any custom cursor in a shared window.

Yes, while this is true, I did observe the following is possible while sharing a PowerPoint presentation...

Navigate to the PowerPoint while is is in Display Presentation mode.  Right click (twice if cursor already hidden) and then hover over "Pointer Options," then hover over "Arrow Options" and select "Hidden."  To have the cursor show again, select "Visible."

Fantastic, thank you!