cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! One click start meeting as host - requires login?

Lisakae828
Listener

Hi - I will try to explain this the best I can!  I have an account and I also manage my boss' account.  I set up a meeting with her Zoom account in her Outlook (desktop).  When she goes to start the meeting, she receives the dialog box "Waiting for the host to start meeting" (she is the host) and it requires her to log in.  I know I have done meetings in the past where you just click and you are in.  And she was logged in to Zoom.  Help?  Please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Lisakae828 

If she is seeing the "Waiting for the host to start meeting", that means the meeting was scheduled without Join before host, known as Allow participants to join anytime when scheduling. With this enabled, anyone should be able to join, regardless if they are the host or not. 

Since that was not enabled, Zoom was waiting for the host of the meeting to join first. If she was logged in and still getting that message, it could mean that you scheduled the meeting with your Zoom account instead of her's. To confirm, check the meeting ID on the calendar invite and see if you see that same ID on your Zoom account under Previous meetings. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

Hi @Lisakae828 

If she is seeing the "Waiting for the host to start meeting", that means the meeting was scheduled without Join before host, known as Allow participants to join anytime when scheduling. With this enabled, anyone should be able to join, regardless if they are the host or not. 

Since that was not enabled, Zoom was waiting for the host of the meeting to join first. If she was logged in and still getting that message, it could mean that you scheduled the meeting with your Zoom account instead of her's. To confirm, check the meeting ID on the calendar invite and see if you see that same ID on your Zoom account under Previous meetings. 

Thank you so much!!

I am having this problem as well.  I do not see anything with this exact verbage, mine says ...Only users admitted by the host can join the meeting.  Is this the same or should I look somewhere else?

Hi, Bort.  I'm taking the liberty to reply directly to you, as my question is related to this discussion.   I'm the host and have enabled Allow participants to join at any time.  I will not be able to attend the meeting I scheduled.  Will the meeting start without my starting it?

Bort

Hi @SKC 

As long as Allow participants to join at any time is enabled and the Waiting Room is disabled, your meeting will be able to start without you. 

TMG
Listener

I have a nonprofit and we have a series of classes.  Before Zoom did its recent big update, my participants were able to join the classes using the one click meeting invite.  Now, it says waiting for the host to start.  I do not want that.  How do I fix it? It also says..."there is another meeting in progress and you must end this meeting before the other meeting can begin."  But, i don't have any other meetings in progress.  It's becoming so annoying.  Please provide me with specific instructions as I am not tech savvy.  I tried to call Zoom twice and their customer service line continues to get dropped.