cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Need to link my zoom account with my teaching platform but failing!

Cypress500
Listener

Teaching online, I am moving full time to a new teaching platform.  For it I need what they are calling my "videoconference link."  I have tried the link that gets sent out when I invite someone to a meeting, and that has not worked.  What am I missing?  Where do I look? What do I have to do to link it once I find it?  It's an awesome teaching platform but useless without Zoom.  I could use Skype but do not want to!  I am sure this is user error.....Thank you in advance for any advice!  

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Cypress500 

I would expect the link required to be of the format zoom.us/j/838XXXXX093 - is that what you are trying to enter?

Which LMS are you using - does it have any documentation about the videoconference link field?

Cypress500
Listener
Hi Rupert, thank you. Yes so that would be the URL, right?  I don't understand why in my back office the number is partly replaced with asterisks, thus not allowing me to copy and paste it.

That is why I sent myself a zoom invite then copied the url which that took me to...

Unfortunately there is no real documentation about the video conference link on the teaching platform which in this case is Off2Class.

Like I said, I am pretty darn tech impaired, so I am sure I am missing some very elementary thing here....

Thanks again
Catherine

Rupert

Hi @Cypress500 

So long as you have the Meeting ID (in the invitation you sent yourself) you can form the URL yourself using the format I pasted above.

Does this  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfy8NT0yOf8 help you?