cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headphone audio not working with Zoom desktop client

andrewl
Listener

Headphone audio output on my new Lenovo (Windows 11 Home) laptop does not work with Zoom desktop client (5.14.8).         Headphone output works fine with Teams, YouTube web based apps, and other applications. Why? How do we fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

andrewl
Listener

Headphone audio output on my new Lenovo (Windows 11 Home) laptop does not work with Zoom desktop client (5.14.8).    Headphone output works fine with Teams, YouTube web based apps,  and other applications. Why? How do we fix this?

Exactly same problem Windows 11 Lenovo laptop  Teams fine, Zoom does not work with any headset  Tried several

ccebuild
Listener

same issue and no one has replied for 2 weeks  headphones I was using before just stopped working.  can play audio from VCL player, windows audio sounds, and chome (youtube) but zoom just stopped working.  have gone though the troubleshooting steps already.  regular speakers work find and a Bluetooth headset works fine it is only the corded headphones that are plugged into my linovo windows 11 laptop playing though the realtek(R) audio speakers (headphones or same as system)laptop 

ccebuild
Listener

also updated my driver and reinstalled zoom desktop client but did not work.  

ccebuild
Listener

ok so i solved it on mine here is what I did   in the "Realtek audio console" program under "device advanced settings," there is a "classic mode" and a "multi-stream mode".  changing the setting to classic mode worked.  see attached.  

ccebuild_0-1688173579273.png

ivar_r
Listener

I've had this same problem for months. Finally, found solution (I think, I hope) in Realtek Audio Console, though slightly different solution. Turning off Noise Cancellation in there seems to fix it. I swear I'd tried this somewhere else, maybe in Zoom settings, but it didn't work then. 

ivar_r_0-1697658984140.png

annitaMaxWynn
Listener

I was looking to see if anyone had an update on this but I was actually able to figure this out myself.

On the Realtek Audio Console Setting click on the bottom where it says 'Device Advanced Settings'. Make sure your headphones are plugged in, and from there you can  see ANALOG Headphone and below that you should see: PLAYBACK DEVICE. Make sure you click the "Mute the internal output device when an external heaphone plugged in" and that fixed my issue!