cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hand keep raising during webinar without initiating it.

MSKM1920
Listener

Hand keep raising during webinar without initiating it. Using a windows laptop.   Need to be able to use the feature at the right time.

7 REPLIES 7

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MSKM1920 can you please elaborate more as to what the issue is with 'raise hand'? Here's more info on Raising your hand in a webinar as you Click Raise Hand in the webinar controls to raise your hand or lower it. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

It is raising at random times constantly without me clicking on it.  

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@MSKM1920 Interesting, are you accidentally pressing the key combo Alt or Option +Y? A Host can lower your hand, however, cannot raise it for you. 

For example, the Host is able to lower the hands of panelists 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 4.59.30 PM.png

And for attendees 

Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 4.58.46 PM.png

As I am unsure what you're experiencing, have you tried updating your Zoom client? Or uninstalled and reinstalled?

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

MSKM1920
Listener

I’m the host and this is happening to multiple people in my webinar.  
a similar issue was reported in the community but it referenced  an iPad  user.   They are not accidentally pressing the button.  I have asked that they make sure that they have the most current version of zoom. 

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @MSKM1920 gotcha. Okay, I went ahead and converted your Zoom Community discussion into a support request #13683620 because this is a one-of-a-kind situation, our internal Support teams have the tools and our Support Agents may be better equipped to solve this for you.  🙂 Let me know how else I can help! 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@MSKM1920 also, do you mind @'ing the discussion you've seen that is similar to this? Would love to share the info we've troubleshot here within this dicussion. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

The subject is -

C3FC0540-32AF-42F4-93D9-9F5AA4367DD7.png

Random Raise Hand on an iPad