cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD on Zoom meeting Crashes and/or doesn't work

GolemTechWiz
Listener

I am running Zoom Meeting on PCs. On two different PCs I have had trouble with the HD option crashing the Meetings app. I have also noticed my recording file size has dropped significantly. I know that the Zoom meetings app wants to default to a base resolution of 360. I use OBS virtual camera to switch cameras in the meeting. One includes a camera over a text, so I need higher resolution on one of the PCs.

Has anyone had similar issues?

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hey, @GolemTechWiz,

The only time I’ve seen this issue is with a PC setup that is underpowered to handle HD graphics from multiple sources simultaneously. If Zoom works fine sending and receiving HD without OBS running, that’s probably the issue. 

Also, make sure that your OBS video is putting out 1080 video and not anything higher. If, for example, you have a 4K monitor, Zoom Share Screen outputs 4K video, and OBS might also default to that. Only the attendee camera videos are capped at 360, or 720 if you’ve requested an upgrade to HD.

Take a look at your CPU, GPU, and memory utilization using Task Manager while running everything.. If you’re brand peak utilization for any of them, there’s a bottleneck issue you’ll have to address.

If all that seems reasonable and normal, try to give more details about your setup and I’ll see if anything else sounds like it could be an issue. 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !