Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guitar not audible in Zoom call from Desktop

Yashwant
Listener

I am a Guitarist
I teach guitar so need to have clear sound of it
i connect my Samson G Track Pro mic to it but the Guitar sound is not coming clear.
i have selected right mic ETC still the problem persists please guide me on this

7 REPLIES 7

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

sachinzoom_1-1674763693857.png

Hi Please ensure under Settings -. Audio Choose, Original Sound for musicians and since you are playing music, Keep all checkboxes unselected. Hope that helps.  If it did, Please accept the answer as an accepted solution. 

I have done that

That's so nice of you to reply to this

Thank you so much for your reply but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I was aware about it.

Earlier it used to work

But now a days I don't know how come that setting seems useless.

I tried contacting Zoom Support chat

But they have bots to reply the question given by them and this particular problem is not addressed.

Still i am clueless.

sachinzoom

Hi Yashwant, You should tryout by changing the other checkboxes to see if that makes a difference. There are a few options that you can test to see how they work for your device like Zoom Optimized audio ( in meeting ), High fidelity music and Stereo Audio.  

sachinzoom_0-1674766144247.png

Yes I have checked them only

It's not working 

sachinzoom

Also try updating your zoom app to the latest version. 

Otherwise Please open a support ticket for further troubleshooting
Good luck

Based on their most recent update (see latest article related to original sound), it looks like users will need a paid account to access the original sound feature. It's not extremely clear and there are thousands of music teachers/students who are frantically searching for other options/alternatives to Zoom this month.

If this is not the case, then Zoom Support needs to clarify the update.

sachinzoom

Yashwant, There is also a facebook group called "Zoom for musicians". Please try posting your question there too so a musician can share their experience