cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group chat out of synch

gkhlpdsk
Listener

We've had a group chat for a Zoom meeting for internal company training at my organization and individual chat entries come in with a variety of time stamps with some chats arriving after others creating confusion. This seems to have happened since a recent Zoom update. Any suggestions would be appreciated! 

5 REPLIES 5

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @gkhlpdsk, are you saying the time stamps in the in-meeting chat are not in-order as to your local time on your desktop? I am currently on 5.13.5 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

kateengle
Listener

Yes! I'm having this same problem and it's so frustrating. I found another thread where people were having the chat disappear when people return from breakout rooms. Their suggestion was to go to Settings -> Meeting -> and turn the toggle OFF for "New meeting chat experience" - I'm going to try that and see if it fixes the problem. Let me know if you find any other solutions!

nigelcaplan
Listener

Same problem observed in a large meeting yesterday. New replies and messages did not consistently appear at the bottom of the chat window and so were lost (very hard to scroll up when many messages are appearing). The new reply function is great BUT a reply should move the thread to the bottom of the window, so it can be read. Problem appears to affect direct messages more than messages to everyone, but it was confusing.

@kateengle @nigelcaplan appreciate the feedback here! @kateengle, let me know if toggling the setting off helps!

Suggest submitting this feedback on in-meeting chat to https://zoom.us/feed for any product feedback you might have! I will also share this internally, thanks! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I hosted a meeting today with the setting toggled off and I didn't have the same problem. It would be great to know what the new chat features are and if we can access them without this glitch though!