cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group HD recording - 720p

Bobs_People
Listener

I have a pro account and want to record interviews with just two people in the meeting.

I have enabled Group HD video in the advanced settings and locked it in.

However, the recording of an interview since then was recorded in standard definition. What step did I miss? I know the rules changed recently, but that should not have affected my situation.

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! 

Full high-definition 1080p video is limited to Business and Enterprise plans. For more information on Group HD please see the linked support article. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Hi Brandon, 

There is a message at the top of the Group HD support page you reference above that seems to indicate all Zoom group meetings (3 or more) will,  at least for the time being, be reduced to standard definition - with no end date - due to COVID-19.

Last week I had Zoom Support turn on Group HD for me - which they did - and I am hosting about a dozen participants this week. I am concerned about that message at the top, which I pasted below:

"Last Updated: January 27, 2022

Note: As our world comes together to slow the spread of COVID-19 and stays connected through Zoom globally, we are working to quickly scale our bandwidth during this unprecedented demand.

For the time being, standard video, not HD video, will be activated when 3 or more participants join a group meeting. HD video (720p) will be activated for 2 participants or when a Zoom Room or Conference Room Connector joins a group meeting. HD video (1080p) will only be activated for selective use cases such as large-format broadcast events."

Your thoughts? 

Dan

How exactly do you request a high definition recording? To whom do I send a request? How?

I am recording Zoom interviews that are published on a YouTube channel for a global professional organization, so they have a potential reach of 1,000 people or more. The use here justifies at least a 720 pixel image size.