cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group HD (Full HD 1080p)

Mikirinne
Listener

Hello,
I want to use Group HD video (Full HD 1080p) for my meetings.
If my internet connection works well, I am going to upgrade to the Business plan.

Could you please diagnose if my internet condition works for the Group HD (Full HD 1080p) video meeting without any problem (my participants will be a maximum of 100 people)?
I am very very apprehensive about it.

I attached two files below, which show you my internet conditions.
I appreciate your help.
Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

GreenMeeting_ca
Attendee

Hi, Mikirinne

Assuming you're talking about Meetings and not Webinars

You should be in range, but a few suggestions:

- Go wired (I usually run full HD for 'formal' meetings or webinars - my wired connection usually hits 95MBS+ up and down - wireless can be troublesome if other users jump on the network with data intensive activities)

- If your audience members don't need to have their videos on, ask them to turn them off

- Do any of your audience members have significant bandwidth issues? If so, they may have difficulties with a lot of of active videos

The best bet is to do a test, but it's hard to get more than a handful of people into a test.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers,

George

GreenMeeting.ca

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

View solution in original post

Mikirinne -

My plan here in Canada is 100/100 - we often have two sessions going at a time here so that might be overkill for you. I'd probably lean to at least 40mb up - since a slow upload speed can be the choke point. Most services like this are pushing download speeds to watch Netflix, etc.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

GreenMeeting_ca
Attendee

Hi, Mikirinne

Assuming you're talking about Meetings and not Webinars

You should be in range, but a few suggestions:

- Go wired (I usually run full HD for 'formal' meetings or webinars - my wired connection usually hits 95MBS+ up and down - wireless can be troublesome if other users jump on the network with data intensive activities)

- If your audience members don't need to have their videos on, ask them to turn them off

- Do any of your audience members have significant bandwidth issues? If so, they may have difficulties with a lot of of active videos

The best bet is to do a test, but it's hard to get more than a handful of people into a test.

Hope that's helpful.

Cheers,

George

GreenMeeting.ca

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

Hi George,

Thank you for your prompt advice! It is much appreciated.
Miki

Happy to help! Please let me know how it works out for you.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

Hi again George, 
I was looking at my internet connection company and the plan.
If you will run 100 participants meetings, which plan will you select?
(I attached a screenshot. 'nbn' means a kind of fibre internet in Australia where I live.)

How about in case if I will do webinars?
Thank you again.

スクリーンショット 2021-10-28 午後11.37.13.png

Mikirinne -

My plan here in Canada is 100/100 - we often have two sessions going at a time here so that might be overkill for you. I'd probably lean to at least 40mb up - since a slow upload speed can be the choke point. Most services like this are pushing download speeds to watch Netflix, etc.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

I see... thank you.
I now found 150/50 plan, but even if I select this, I guess 50 upload speed is not really stable enough... am I correct?
I also found 100/100 plan. It is very expensive, but do you think it is better to select this?

Mikirinne
Listener

Hi again George, 
I was looking at my internet connection company and the plan.
If you will run 100 participants meetings, which plan will you select?
(I attached a screenshot. 'nbn' means a kind of fibre internet in Australia where I live.)

How about in case if I will do webinars?
Thank you.

GreenMeeting_ca
Attendee

Sorry - missed this earlier.

Don't think I'd go for less than 40Mbps upload since the uploading limit is where you're most likely to have bandwidth issues.

Cheers,
George
GreenMeeting.ca

ChairS
Listener

Hi - sorry to hijack this post but I'm new here and can't find a way to post anything to any part of this forum. My wife and I are working from home and we both need to use Zoom at the same time. Our network is showing approx 35Mbit/s but as soon as we both start separate Zoom sessions, both die. How do we turn off HD (if that's what the problem is)? All of the 'helpful' Google support says select 'Home', 'Settings' and then uncheck the 'Enable HD' box, but there is no 'Enable HD' box to see or uncheck. Any ideas? We're dying out here.

Hello ChairS,

I am sorry for my late response.

You can find the checkbox if you will select 'video' from the setting.
For the technical issue, it may be better to contact the support centre that you can access from their website.

Miki