cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group HD (720p) Setting - Temporarily Unavailable?

Motor1
Listener

I asked Zoom to enable Group HD for my Pro account. Zoom support quickly enabled the feature for free and emailed me that it was added. I looked at the Zoom support page for Group HD and this message is posted at the top:

Last Updated: January 27, 2022

Note: As our world comes together to slow the spread of COVID-19 and stays connected through Zoom globally, we are working to quickly scale our bandwidth during this unprecedented demand.

For the time being, standard video, not HD video, will be activated when 3 or more participants join a group meeting. HD video (720p) will be activated for 2 participants or when a Zoom Room or Conference Room Connector joins a group meeting. HD video (1080p) will only be activated for selective use cases such as large-format broadcast events. 

Does this mean I won't have 720p if 3 or more participants join my meeting? Has anyone experienced this one way or the other? 

Thanks,

Dan

P.S. For feature reasons, I use Ecamm to present all my graphics and PPT's as overlays with my camera image instead of using Zoom's screen share feature. 

3 REPLIES 3

DeniseLahat
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

You should have 720 in your meetings, also with more than 3 particpants.  Just test it by starting a zoom, having more than 3 participants.  Make sure you are in speaker view in FULL SCREEN.  Then check under the app settings\statistics if the video that is being send and received is 720

If this was helpful pls mark "accept as solution"

Thank you, I will test tomorrow and find out. 

Did this procedure work? I have tested several recordings with Group HD turned on in a Business account and still had low res recordings. I have not tried the "full screen" trick.