cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green Screen Bleed

johnstringer99
Listener

Why does my Green Screen Bleed through my Background Image?
I've noticed just recently that my green screen is bleeding through my background/s. This has only just started happening over the last month - prior to that it was working perfectly. The only changes have been the Zoom updates.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled zoom on my PC.
Light in the room isn't an issue.
Anyone with a fix for this?
Thanks - John

5 REPLIES 5

Hime-Tama
Listener

Hi John, Hime-Tama here.

A pretty good fix would be using the OBS virtual camera functionality in zoom. OBS can color key out green screens using its filters for your webcam and even lets you identify the color of your green screen based on how your webcam sees it. Then, you can enable the OBS virtual camera and select it as your video input device on zoom.

I think the problem here is that zoom's definition of "green" doesn't match the "green" of your green screen. Just to make sure, you've checked the option for "I have a green screen" when selecting a virtual background in your zoom settings, right?

I hope this helps you!

Hello Hime-Tama

Thank you for that outline. It works perfectly and I wasn't aware that you could do colour matching of the actual green of the screen that way.

Things are looking much better thank you.

Regards - John

i need help

Would it be possible to point me in the right direction as to how to do this? I have OBS, but can't figure out how to color-key out green screens using the OBS filters. Thank you.

johnstringer99
Listener

What sort of help are you looking for? - JS