cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gratitude

JohnDunne
Listener

Greetings to all.

Even though Zoom is a paying enterprise that is now valued astronomically high, I just want to express my thanks to all those at Zoom who have made it possible for me to make it this far in the pandemic, perhaps soon to be endemic. As an instructor (of Buddhist philosophy, Tibetan, and Sanskrit) and department chair at a Big 10 institution, I don't know what I would have done without this service. Clearly, Zoom is not an act of sheer altruism -- some people are making a lot of money. But throughout it all, I've had this sense that the folks at Zoom have truly tried to serve all of us with sincere beneficence in the educational realm, and I appreciate that. 

So, in short, thank you Zoom folks. Please take a moment to savor your unexpected but crucial role in helping us all get through this mess.

Yours,

John Dunne

4 REPLIES 4

ChristineGraham
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Wow John!  I'm truly touched by your message, as I'm sure all Zoomies are.  It's genuinely a pleasure (and my personal mission) to make the world a better place 🙂 - THANK YOU!

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

@JohnDunne Thank you so much for this post. Your words mean a lot to me, and to all of us at Zoom. I am reminded of Mr. Rogers' advice to "look for the helpers." I can honestly say that I have never before worked in a company quite like Zoom where everyone is a helper - it is truly our pleasure to help connect people. Thank you for your dedication to helping people learn and grow, even as things have been so much more difficult these past couple years.

Best,

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

YaBoiB

Thank you, John. Even though technically I "work" at Zoom, I have always felt like this company has the heartbeat of the human spirit, making me want to come in every day with a smile. It is people such as yourself that I believe Zoomies do this for. We could probably go anywhere to make money. Still, we chose to come here because of the extraordinary leadership and the most genuine compassion for humans across the entire planet. Thank you for this post, John. It sincerely put a smile on my face today. 

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

JohnDunne
Listener

Good to hear from you all, zoomies. Glad to have brightened your day!