cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got an email

ShopperHeather
Listener

Hi everyone,

I received an email today with a name of a person that joined my personal meeting room and I wasnt in a meeting or have a meeting schedule?     I dont recognize the name of the person.   And I received the email about 15 min after I schedule a meeting for TOMORROW.  Any ideas? 

4 REPLIES 4

WencesUnzueta
Community Champion | Customer

Hi ShopperHeather

Your personal meeting room always has the ID active to enter the room, it is as if it were your virtual personal office in Zoom, therefore anyone who has your Personal ID can enter your room. What I recommend you do is always have the waiting room enabled so that no one is in the session

Wences

Thank you.   This is a very new account of mine.  I closed the previous zoom after starting a new business.  No I havent given this meeting ID to anyone yet.  I scheduled a meeting for tomorrow morning and texted 3 guests which only texted the link.  How would someone I dont know 15 minutes later go to my zoom room?  Are there bots and hackers that get notified when zooms are scheduled? 

Okay thank you I can do that.  It was suspicious since I had JUST recently set up this acct for my business.  Less than a month ago and have had only 1 previous meeting on there.  Thank you for your feedback. 

WencesUnzueta

No, there are no bots and hackers doing this as such, but it is likely that your personal meeting room meeting ID has been leaked somehow. I recommend you change the ID of your personal meeting room and only use it in specific cases, if you will have a meeting with participants who are not internal to your organization, I recommend using a random ID

Wences