cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Workspace app creating multiple sessions

sc0tttayl0r
Listener

I work for a company which manages multiple schools. For well over a year I've been using the Google Workspace application to schedule zoom meetings and sync those meetings to a student calendar. Previously I would log into the Google calendar for a given user who has a pro subscription in Zoom. I would schedule a meeting on say Mon, Wed and Friday and set the time parameters, password, etc. using the Google Workspace plugin while within Google's web based calendar. The events would be created in Zoom as no fixed time meetings which was fine. 

Starting last week we noticed that if we need to modify the event it would then create multiple events in Zoom. To explain we go into google calendar, chose the recurring event, edit the necessary change and when prompted select 'update this and following events'. This would update the event appropriately but on the backend of zoom you would then end up with multiple events with the same name as previously created. The zoom id and password would be different and for the person starting the zoom session they cannot tell which event should be started versus what is on the calendar. 

FWIW, the zoom plugin for chrome does not supply the same robust functionality and is not a substitute. Is this being seen by any other users and who's issue is this, Google or Zoom?

3 REPLIES 3

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @sc0tttayl0r , Welcome to the Zoom Community! I see that your discussion has not yet received a reply from the community so I wanted to check in 🙂  This issue should be fixed now. Please test again and let me know! Thank you!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

sc0tttayl0r
Listener

CarlaA, thank you for the follow up. A trouble ticket was submitted and the issue was resolved the next day.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thanks for the update!

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?