cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving option for floating control vertical so you you can dock it on the side of the screen?

kleungsf
Listener

When you are sharing your screen the floating control gets in the way on the top of the screen when you are trying to access drop down menus.  I know you can move the bar out of the way or make it invisible temporarily.  
I wonder why there isn't an option to make the floating control Vertical and I can dock it against the left or right edge of the screen which is less frequently used.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Sounds like an opportunity for a feature request! The volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t handle feature requests, but you can use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood

Sounds like an opportunity for a feature request! The volunteers in the Zoom Community don’t handle feature requests, but you can use this Zoom web page to make a feature request directly to Zoom staff:
https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

As of March 8, 2024, you can drag it to the bottom, but it stays horizontal, that I can see.  It would be really useful for me to have it on the right of the screen so it is out of the way during collaborative work.  Or just collapsed into a small icon that could be clicked to reopen.

RodD
Listener

Hi, I had the same thought  about being able to relocate the control bar or dock. It would be convenient as sometimes it is more efficient to have it on either side. The left side would be my preference. I wonder, has anyone followed thru with proposing this idea to the Zoom staff?

kleungsf
Listener

I did submit it as a feature request, got a  "thank you for submitting it and it is a nice idea and we will consider it"

Thanks for the response. Your original post here is over a year old, is that also when you posted to the request to staff? If so, thats not much of a consideration on their part now is it?

It is crazy that this is not an option.  I just changed to a new computer and during my meetings it is horrible at the top or bottom but I also want it to be visible.