cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery view on iPad 9th gen

banchadelicious
Listener

How many participants can be displayed in gallery view on the ipad 9th generation?

I would like to purchase another iPad that can see at least 25 participants.
I am able to see them on my 5th gen iPad Air.
If the 9th gen iPad can also do it, I would like to buy this cheaper model.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Shaimaa
Participant | Zoom Employee

Hi Banchadelicious 

As per our design to be able to get a better experience we only support iPad pros with displays 11 inches or 12.9.

Gallery View allows you to see up to 16 participants at once, up to 30 participants at once when viewing on 11" and 12.9" iPad Pros (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations), and up to 49 participants at once when viewing on a 5th generation 12.9" iPad Pro.

1. To switch from Active Speaker View, tap Switch to Gallery View in the upper-left corner of the Zoom window. If you do not see the controls, tap your screen to get them to appear.
    Note: You can only switch to Gallery View if you have 2 or more participants in the meeting.

This will switch into gallery view. You can view up to 16 (4x4) or 25 (5x5) people at a time
  2. To switch back to Active Speaker View, tap the screen to view the controls and tap Switch to Active Speaker in the top-left corner of the Zoom window.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

View solution in original post

*Used Google Translate

hello.
It has been confirmed that even on the 9th generation of iPad, it is possible to view 12 people with a 3*4 ratio and 20 people with a 4*5 ratio.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Shaimaa

Hi Banchadelicious 

As per our design to be able to get a better experience we only support iPad pros with displays 11 inches or 12.9.

Gallery View allows you to see up to 16 participants at once, up to 30 participants at once when viewing on 11" and 12.9" iPad Pros (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations), and up to 49 participants at once when viewing on a 5th generation 12.9" iPad Pro.

1. To switch from Active Speaker View, tap Switch to Gallery View in the upper-left corner of the Zoom window. If you do not see the controls, tap your screen to get them to appear.
    Note: You can only switch to Gallery View if you have 2 or more participants in the meeting.

This will switch into gallery view. You can view up to 16 (4x4) or 25 (5x5) people at a time
  2. To switch back to Active Speaker View, tap the screen to view the controls and tap Switch to Active Speaker in the top-left corner of the Zoom window.

Please like any post that helped you; please mark solutions so others can find them!

I understand.
Thank you for your precise explanation.
Thank you so much.

Shaimaa - Please clarify this statement "As per our design to be able to get a better experience we only support iPad pros with displays 11 inches or 12.9" Do you just mean if we want to see more than 16 participants in Gallery view?  I'm looking for any Zoom limitations on 10.2 " 9th Gen iPad before purchase. Thanks!

Shaimaa

Hi Bosg

Kindly refer to our document here under iPad section 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-Adjusting-your-video-layout-during-a-virtual-mee...

Please check the article here 

I live in Korea and this was written via Google Translate, so please understand that the translation may not be perfect.
I'm currently using an iPad Air 5th gen and have confirmed that the screen is 10.9 inches.
But when I join a Zoom meeting, the gallery view shows 12 people instead of 16.
Is there something I need to set up separately to see 16 people? Or is it normal to see 12 people?

I am also using ipad air 5th.
Today, 18 participants were displayed on one screen. I have no special settings.
If you pinch out in the gallery view, the participants will appear larger and the number of participants on one screen will decrease.
Conversely, pinching in shows smaller participants and increases the number of participants on one screen.

Shaimaa

Hi Banchadelicious

Gallery View allows you to see up to 16 participants at once, up to 30 participants when viewing on 11" and 12.9" iPad Pros (2nd, 3rd, and 4th generations), and up to 49 participants at once when viewing on a 5th generation 12.9" iPad Pro.

Kindly refer to our document hereunder iPad section. 

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362323-Adjusting-your-video-layout-during-a-virtual-mee...

Written using Google Translate.

Thank you very much for your information.
I forgot that the iPad has a pinch-in/out feature.
I just checked and saw that there were more than 13 people coming out of the gallery view via pinch in/out.

I also found out that it works similarly on another iPad model, the iPad 9th gen.
Thank you.

Glad to hear that you were able to help.

You wrote "I also found out that it works similarly on another iPad model, the iPad 9th gen."
Please tell me how many participants you were able to show on the iPad 9th generation.

*Used Google Translate

hello.
It has been confirmed that even on the 9th generation of iPad, it is possible to view 12 people with a 3*4 ratio and 20 people with a 4*5 ratio.

Hi Jin -- How do you obtain a 4*5 ratio on iPad 9th gen. Thank you!!  Ted