cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full recording after power went out

JesW
Listener

This is an unusual ask I believe.

I was asked to co-host and record a legal proceeding.  I started the recording and minutes later the power went out throughout the city.  My internet went down.

I got back online and the meeting had just kept going without me, and the record button was greyed out.  It appears that as I was kicked off, the original host became the owner of the recording.  I had to ask her to pause it at the break.  I then asked her to make me co-host again.

My question is, as we exit this meeting is there a strategy we should employ to make sure I get the whole meeting recording?  We are both still online and haven't left the meeting.

2 REPLIES 2

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Unfortunately, if this was a local recording and you were the only one recording, you likely will not have the full meeting captured. If it was a cloud recording, then it should all be captured by Zoom's servers, even if you lost connection. 

Thanks,  I fessed up and called the client who asked me to step in for them.  Apparently, they had their account set to record to the cloud by default.  Because I was in their account and not mine, I think we have everything.  That would have been a problem had I been in my account which is set to record to my machine.  This may have been a cheap lesson for me.