cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frozen/Shaky/Unidentified video problem

eliza234
Listener

Since two weeks, I'm having problems with zoom, with the video. I don't really understand what's happening, I've never had these issues before. My image is shaky, freezing, it's very hard to describe actually and I'm not sure if anyone had the same problem.I do'nt think it's the webcam or PC issue, because 1) I've tried to uninstall and install again 2) I've logged with a different account 3) I used Zoom on a different PC. Everytime this problem occurs. 
I'm attaching a screenshot, it visualizes the problem better. 
Please any tips, help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

shukia
Listener

I have the same problem and can't figure out what to do about it😓

Then maybe it’s zoom updates? 

Yes, I think so too. It's probably a bug. If it is, I hope it gets fixed with the next update. It's quite annoying.

Yea hope so. But I haven't seen anyone having this issue. I first thought it's a camera problem, turns out its not, cause I tried with different cameras, PCs, accounts, and nothing. I hope someone from Zoom sees this and they're gonna fix it ASAP. The sooner, the better. I can't work like this 

lilicollege
Listener

I'm having the same issue. Someone told me that I could go back to a prior version of Zoom until it's fixed. It's so annoying.

Oh wow so apparently it is problem with the zoom! Did you go back to the prior version? If yes, do you know how to do it? 

I couldn't figure out how to go back to an older version, but I saw another solution posted about this so I'm passing it along. 

lilicollege_0-1674420640087.png

lilicollege
Listener

Reposting this possible solution from a similar question: 

lilicollege_1-1674420723552.png

Thank you! I'll try this method and perhaps go back to the older version, until this sh*t gets fixed. 

reneetwilley
Listener

Video freezing is happening for me as well.  How do I go back to the older version?

Hi, I followed the advice that lilicollege posted above and it worked. Don't know how to go to the previous version though.

eliza234
Listener

dear everyone, I also followed the advice lilicollege posted and it worked for me as well. In case it still doesn't work for you, and you want to go back to older version, I found this link, I don't know how safe it is though, but yeah... here it is. https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions

Eliza234

Thanks for posting this issue. My web cam (Logitech C920s) was working fine with my Zoom meetings which I've been running now since before Covid.  And all of a sudden, it started showing a video image that was shaking, discolored, etc.. So, your research here is greatly appreciated.  
Q:  Did you find that going back to the previous version of Zoom fixed your problem?  

BJMC1  (John) 

Hello John. I'm not sure if your problem is same as mine, but basically what worked for me is the tip that lilicollege posted (please scroll up a little to find that comment in this thread). But in case it doesn't work, you can download older Zoom versions and see if that helps. I'm posting the link again: https://zoom-us-zoom.en.uptodown.com/windows/versions . 
I hope it works!

I tried ALL of the "solutions" posted in this thread and none of them worked to get my video seen by a friend in test zoom sessions. Tried the lilicollege solution, the installation of hte older client, installation of the 32-bit client instead of the standard 64-bit version, and all sorts of changes to the video settings. My Logitech 910 camera shows (to me) a perfectly displayed video, but my friend can only see either my still photo, a plain grey screen, or occasionally a choppy/mostly frozen image of me in my office. I've got a rock solid optical internet connection and nothing else has given me any problems since my upgrade to Win 11. VERY frustrating!

Same problem. Very frustrating.