cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing, getting worse.

ChasGrew
Listener

I started using Zoom early on because of the pandemic. I had a few issues with freezing and these issues have increased to the point of not being able to smoothly conduct or participate in meetings. Zoom has claimed it was a WiFi issue, it is not. I was told by a Zoom tech during a chat that it had something to do with a proxy setting, I don't have a clue as to what I should do. Unfortunately all of our meetings are on Zoom, worldwide and it would be an impossible things to change from Zoom to another video meeting service. I know I am not alone in this mess, does anyone know how to fix this or even if it's fixable?

1 REPLY 1

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @ChasGrew, just took a glance into your ticket open with our Zoom support team. Do you mind sharing if you're on Windows or Mac? Also, are you within an organization on WifI or just on your home network? 

As suggested to hardwire your connection -- are you near your router? If so, you'd just need an ethernet cable from the router to your PC/Laptop (if there is an accessible ethernet port on your laptop) to see if that helps. I'd also suggest updating your operating system if there are updates available and your Zoom desktop client if you're not up-to-date. 

You could also check out our troubleshooting steps when using WiFi here support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362463

Looking forward to your reply! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!