cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing desktop

tronmovie
Listener

Hi 

I am experience that my ubuntu 22.04 desktop frezzes when screensharing.

It started after updating zoom client, i have no problems before. 

The laptop freeze, the video and sound is still working, so the other participants can hear and see me, and i them. 

When it freezes the only way out is hard reboot of the laptop. it has happen 3 times in one hour today. 

It only happens if am the one sharing the screen. Tried to disable hardware acceleration, and restarted zoom and laptop, the issue is still there.

3 REPLIES 3

Parkertunio
Listener

@tronmovie wrote:

Hi 

I am experience that my ubuntu 22.04 desktop frezzes when screensharing.

It started after updating zoom client, i have no problems before. 

The laptop freeze, the video and sound is still working, so the other participants can hear and see me, and i them. 

When it freezes the only way out is hard reboot of the laptop. it has happen 3 times in one hour today. 

It only happens if am the one sharing the screen. Tried to disable hardware acceleration, and restarted zoom and laptop, the issue is still there.

By: Businssspost

Hey Dear,

If your computer freezes frequently and regularly, you might have insufficient Ram. You can consider upgrading your Ram or reinstalling the operating system to solve this issue. Modifying Bios settings may put the system in the freeze mode. Resetting the Bios to default could fix your freezing problem.

pma101
Listener

Same issues. Evidently a lot of people are. No answers from online support and when you call you get disconnected. 

Rüdiger
Listener

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem with Zoom and Kubuntu 22.04. Had no problems with earlier versions. In my case it is definitely not a RAM-issue.

Zoom freezes, after a while sound and video also stop, but I can stop the Zoom-app and re-open it. Kubuntu remains working as usual.

Today I opened Zoom, the app-surface opened and when I tried to enlarge it to full screen, Zoom froze.

Is anyone having an idea what might be wrong?

R.