cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free plans limitation and numbers of people to join.

Rehbr
Listener

Hello Folks!

This is Jarry, 

I have made a startup about sports equipment. Now I have made it to the big. Whenever I go for meetings and other stuff I see the meeting ends after 30 minutes. It actually made me suffer a little. 

I want to know about this. How can we have a free plan which can make us go for a meeting for at least an hour? 

Few more things I want to add.

! - how do have more features in the free plan?

2 - What features do we actually have?

3- Is there any best official tutorial for zoom to master?

That's all!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chrismenard7
Community Champion | Customer

Hello, Jarry. You can't go for one hour with Zoom's free plan, officially known as Zoom's Basic plan. There are limitations. 

• You can't use co-hosts.
  • You can't record to the cloud.
  • You can't use an alternative host.
  • You can't use video in your waiting room. 
  • There are other limitations to a Basic account.

For Basic, you can have 100 people in your meeting, but there is a 40-minute time limit.  There are other limitations. I made a YouTube video just on this topic https://youtu.be/02INJ66Fl-E

Zoom's website has a lot of great tutorials. Zoom does a lot of free webinars on using Zoom meetings. My YT channel is also a great source. I have at least 70 Zoom videos with the most recent videos at the top. I hope this helps. 

Thank you.

Chris

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

chrismenard7

Hello, Jarry. You can't go for one hour with Zoom's free plan, officially known as Zoom's Basic plan. There are limitations. 

• You can't use co-hosts.
  • You can't record to the cloud.
  • You can't use an alternative host.
  • You can't use video in your waiting room. 
  • There are other limitations to a Basic account.

For Basic, you can have 100 people in your meeting, but there is a 40-minute time limit.  There are other limitations. I made a YouTube video just on this topic https://youtu.be/02INJ66Fl-E

Zoom's website has a lot of great tutorials. Zoom does a lot of free webinars on using Zoom meetings. My YT channel is also a great source. I have at least 70 Zoom videos with the most recent videos at the top. I hope this helps. 

Thank you.

Chris

I am trying to schedule a meeting with the Basic Free Plan.  It only gives me the option of a 30 minute meeting.  I thought the Basic Plan gives a 40 minute meeting.

chrismenard7

You do get 40 minutes with Zoom's Basic Plan (free plan). I'm betting someone is joining the meeting before the start time.  If this answers your questions, please click Accept as Solution. 

I don't understand your response.  When I try to schedule a 40 minute meeting, I am given the option of scheduling 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes....  where is the 40 minute option?

I am trying to schedule a meeting for today at 3pm ET.  I haven't started the meeting yet.  I am trying to schedule it now.

chrismenard7

I signed into my Zoom Basic plan. Attached is what I see when I schedule a meeting. I can make it for over 40 minutes, but it will still cut off at 40 minutes. Do you have a similar screen when scheduling a meeting?

Rehbr
Listener

Thank you so much. You have solved the issue and spent your quality time here.