cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${replayto_name}

Laszlo_Kremmer
Listener

I have created a new Zoom meeting a turned on the "Meeting registration". As soon as somebody would like to register everything looks okay, but when they hit the "Register" button they get an error message: "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${replayto_name}" Their registration data comes in fine, but they do not get an auto-confirmation and I have to send them one-by-one.

8 REPLIES 8

AC_
Listener

Following: 

I have the same error message occurring for meeting registration:  "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${replayto_name}"  

WFT_Sharon
Listener

This is what happens when an invitee attempts to reply to a meeting sent from Zoom. Is the variable in the built-in template mistyped? Should it be {replyto_name} rather than "replay"?

Maybe, but that code is embedded into the Zoom page. Zoom will have to fix that.
I run meetings regularly and this has thrown all registration off - so I'm just doing the simple meeting link now.

Hoping for a solution explanation soon.

Arminda
Listener

Experiencing same error message today, although registration for my meeting was tested yesterday and worked perfectly.

placeofstillnes
Listener

Does someone from Zoom monitor this community?  I'm suddenly having the same error but don't see any way to report it to Zoom so that it gets fixed quickly.  Beyond frustrating for a paid account.

I'm not sure if they do. I tried the chat assistance but the bot kept sending me in circles. 

I have been trying different scenarios to find a solution, no luck yet. Also there's is little to no documentation on this change. 

MassimoGiannuzz
Listener

I'm also getting a similar message - I have a meeting set up for registration with Manual Approval linked to JotForm - when someone registers and we try to Deny them and send an email we get "Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template $(hostEmail?html)"

NatTom81
Listener

I have the same issue, I'm trying to add the email variable for the outlook calendar URL. It is returning this error:
"Found illegal Freemarker variables in the template: ${addToCalendarUrl}"