cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foul language placed into a Zoom chat from a meeting hacker(s) using a fake name(s)

isalyt
Listener

Two people using Fake names (i.e. joe mama) entered into a ZOOM meeting (I was not the host) and began delivering vulgar racially and sexually offensive language in general to the group. Comments were made directly to individual participants. This happened in a high school/college course. I believe the offenders were classmates. How can I find out who (true identity) sent the disparaging comments? I don't suspect I can.

1 REPLY 1

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

There are a few possible avenues for the host of the meeting to take: 

• Check the attendee report to see if those users were signed-in to an account. That would at least tell you what email is associated with their join. 
  • You can also report those users for their abusive behavior. Zoom will investigate and potentially ban them: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200613919-Reporting-abusive-behavior
  • Lastly, we can provide more explicit info about these participants, but that can only be provided to law enforcement upon their request. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.