cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to end recording before I ended the meeting.

lampertmm
Listener

I started recording but forgot to end before I ended the meeting.  Will the recording save? 

15 REPLIES 15

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @Iampertmm, the recording should automatically end once the meeting has been ended even if you don't end the recording. Was this recording recorded to the cloud or locally? if locally recorded, you can find that recording in your Zoom desktop client, under 'meetings' 👉 'recorded' and you will see the locally recorded videos from there. You can also go to zoom.us/recording to see all cloud recording if available or the path for local recordings.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Hi, I bumped into the same problem but my recording has been "processing" for quite a while on the cloud server. How do I proceed from here?

Does this also apply for cloud recordings?  I ended the meeting before ending the recording and do not see the cloud recording link anywhere. 

I am a newbie to hosting Zooms & forgot to end the recording as well before exiting the call. Afterward the call today I went to "Recordings", then "Local recordings" because I had clicked on to record it to my computer, not to the Cloud. It's not there. Is it possible it is still being processed & will show up later? If so, how long can that take? I pray that it does show up.

same thing happened to me, It was a cloud recording but not able to see any recordings in zoom.us/recording? Please help.

sivamuruganmd
Listener

Were you able to download the recordings? I ran into same problem today and it shows my recordings has been processing for more than 5 hours now. 

MiaSmith
Listener

I am having same issue, how did you manage to get your recording? 

I left zoom and didn't end the recording by accident. When you leave, the recording seems to go on.... and it will automatically stop recording but it seems to take a long time to finish up. Seems like 12 hours to finish processing. When the recording appears available (you'll get that usual email notification when it's  ready for viewing), can you then access the recording.

Suzmul08
Listener

I did the same thing and my meeting was lost. Put a note next to my computer to remember to hit "stop recording" before "end this meeting"

alyiahd
Listener

I am a newbie to hosting Zooms & forgot to end the recording as well before exiting the call. Afterward the call today I went to "Recordings", then "Local recordings" because I had clicked on to record it to my computer, not to the Cloud. It's not there. Is it possible it is still being processed & will show up later? If so, how long can that take? I pray that it does show up.

How long did it take to get your recording, if you did get it?

BartBoo
Listener

Same issue, and hoping it has a solution. 

Today, I left the meeting without finishin it nor stopping the recording (two participants wanted to stay in for few minutes). It's been some time after finishing the meeting, and the recording is still not there (I have a save locally set up)

1. Will it appear or is it lost completely?

2. What's the solution, so that it won't happen again? I.e., how to make zoom save recording independely if I close the meeting and stop recording, or just leave it straight away?

Best

bart

LauraTabor
Listener

Hello, You will need to contact Zoom Support to get their assistance with that stuck cloud recording. 

rubiaamjad
Listener

hi, tell me your video found or not. i have same case with my. can you help me

Enas80
Listener

It was my first time to record a meeting, I was using my android,.. I totally forgot to end the record before ending the meeting .. I don't have zoom clound . I wonder if the recording have been saved, and if yes, how to get it back .. really hope if someone can help me .. thank you .