cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Floating controls when sharing screen

Wacko_Jacko
Listener

Hi there, 

I regularly host/co host meetings where we are required to share various images and videos with the participants. I am using a 2018 MacBook Air running Mac OS Big Sur. I play the media on my second monitor, which is connected via usb-c and share that screen. The trouble I have is the floating meeting controls jump between my Mac screen and my secondary display, and when the controls jump to the secondary display, all participants can see my controls and what I'm doing in the background, plus it looks untidy. Is anyone else having this problem? and why does is happen? Is there any way that I can pin the controls to one screen, so that they stay there all the time?? I'm just about at my wits end, please help!

Cheers

Jacko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Wacko_Jacko 

You should be able to set or unset the visibility of your Zoom interface to other participants in your Zoom Settings, under Share Screen:

Does this work for you?

Rupert_0-1633603011796.png

If participants are seeing what you are doing in other applications in the background on your second monitor, then you should look at sharing an application window only - rather than full screen.

Hope this helps. Please post back with results.

If this answers your question, please Accept as Solution.

Thanks,

Rupert

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rupert

Hi @Wacko_Jacko 

You should be able to set or unset the visibility of your Zoom interface to other participants in your Zoom Settings, under Share Screen:

Does this work for you?

Rupert_0-1633603011796.png

If participants are seeing what you are doing in other applications in the background on your second monitor, then you should look at sharing an application window only - rather than full screen.

Hope this helps. Please post back with results.

If this answers your question, please Accept as Solution.

Thanks,

Rupert

Hi there,

I have the same problem with floating meeting controls. All participants can see my controls and what I'm doing in the background. I tried to find the setting to set or unset the visibility of your Zoom interface to other participants. But unfortunately I don't have this setting that you highlight with yellow circle. What do I need to do now?
Looking forward to your answer)

Rupert

Hi @Wacko_Jacko 

Did this resolve your question? Please Accept as Solution if it did - or past back if you need more help.

Rupert